Train tickets for all occasions – view our ticket offering
Train tickets for destinations near and far
On the train you travel safely, comfortably and in an environmentally friendly way, both near and far. The earlier you buy your ticket, the more likely you are to get a ticket for the best possible price.
Find end-of-year journeys and adventures!
Terms of the special offer
The sales period for tickets of special offer price is from 5 to 11 December 2022.
- You can travel with a ticket of special offer price from 27 December 2022 to 8 January 2023.
- Discounts on tickets of special offer price are available to children, students, conscripts and pensioners.
- There is a limited number of tickets available.
Sales locations and delivery methods
- Special offer tickets can be bought from vr.fi, the VR Matkalla app, ticket vending machines and R-kioskis.
- You can also purchase a special offer ticket by calling our customer service at the number 0600 41 900 (2 € / answered call + lnc/mcc). Customer service can be reached Mon–Fri from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sat–Sun from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Terms and conditions for changes and cancellations
- Tickets of special offer price are subject to the same change and cancellation terms and conditions as the regular single tickets for long-distance traffic
Which ticket is best for you?
Change in plans?
You can make changes to single tickets for long-distance trains and to CarTrain-tickets.
Changes for single tickets for long-distance trains
Changes for single tickets of long-distance traffic
- If you've bought your ticket in the VR Matkalla app or as signed in at vr.fi, you can make changes to your journey time and date in the app. If you need to make changes to a night train journey with a cabin or car space, please contact our customer support.
- You can also change your ticket by calling our customer support 0100 3232 (cost 0,06 €/min + lnc/mcc), or by visiting our ticket office at Helsinki or Tampere station.
- Changes are subject to a charge of €5/ticket.
- Changes to the itinerary shall be done before the train’s scheduled departure.
- You can only transfer your journey within the currently sold season; this season will end on Mar 25 2023. The same applies for night trains (other than car packages) which are for sale up to Mar 25 2023.
- If you change your ticket to a more expensive train service, you need to pay the difference when you make the change. The difference is not refunded as a monetary or price refund when changing to a less expensive train service.
- Changes made at our station ticket office are further subject to a service charge of €1.
Cancellation of long-distance tickets:
Note. If you bought your ticket through a retailer, please contact it directly if you want to make any changes or cancel the ticket.
Read more about how to make changes to your multi-ticket, cancel a trip, or book a seat on the multi-ticket page.
Note. If you have a multi- or a season ticket for a route between Helsinki–Turku, you can find more information on the effects of the Turku–Kupittaa railway line interruption on your ticket from the station pages of Turku and Kupittaa.
Cancelling a train ticket
You can cancell your long distance-train ticket by logging in to vr.fi or the VR Matkalla app, or by using the cancellation form. Cancelled tickets cannot be refunded without the cancellation insurance redeemed at the time of the ticket purchase. The journey must be cancelled before the train’s scheduled departure.
Did you buy a ticket in the wrong direction by accident? Or did you run into a problem while purchasing your ticket? No worries, just contact our customer support who will help you out.
Purchase a ticket as a gift
Surprise a friend and buy them a ticket to come over for a visit! You can forward a train ticket to a friend easily with just a few cliks!
Here's how you to forward a ticket to a friend or family member:
Buy the ticket as usual from vr.fi or the VR Matkalla app
- Open the ticket email
- Click on the ticket link to open it in the browser. Copy the link address from the browser's address line
- Send the link, ie. the ticket, to your friend as a text or email
- Done! Start preparing for a lovely visit
Cancellation insurance gives you peace of mind if your travel plans are not yet fixed. Thanks to cancellation insurance, you can cancel your train ticket or entire cabin and get back the price of your journey if your plans change. Vehicles are covered by their own cancellation insurance.Read more
No discounts are applicable to night train cabins. Children, students, pensioners and conscripts are eligible for a discount on other long-distance train tickets. Persons travelling with a visually impaired or a disabled person may travel for free with an assistant’s ticket.Read more
More comfortable journey with additional services
Comfortably in Ekstra
Would you rather travel in the spacious and peaceful Ekstra Class?
Take your pet with you
Travel together with your pet.
Bring your bike! In long-distance traffic, you can reserve a space for your bike.
Vehicles on trains
Transporting a car, motorcycle or other motor vehicle on long-distance trains.
Easy travel with a commuter voucher
With a commuter voucher, journeys between home and work go smoothly. Commuting benefits offered by employers are also available with Epassi, which you can use to easily buy single, multi-, and season tickets.