You are using an outdated browser
Experience all of Finland with one ticket
Around Finland with the holiday ticket
The holiday ticket is here again and takes you to your summer adventures. You can choose between a 5, 7, 9, 14 or 30 consecutive days validity time during which you can hop on trains all around Finland. Inspire yourself with the tips on this page and hop on the train to reach your summer endeavours for experiencing Finland.
Holiday ticket terms and conditions
You can select a validity of 5, 7, 9, 14 or 30 consecutive days for the holiday ticket.
5 days – 119 € /person
7 days – 139 € /person
9 days – 159 € /person
14 days – 209 € /person
30 days – 349 € /person
Discounts on tickets:
Children -50% (under 18 yr.)
Mar 14- Aug 8 2023
May 29 - Aug 31 2023
Using the ticket
- You can reserve an almost unlimited number of single journeys with your holiday ticket. Plan your route ahead and book all journeys at once, or book the journeys spontaneously as you travel. Single journeys must be reserved in the app before the scheduled departure of each train.
- A holiday ticket is personal and the name and date of birth of the passenger will be displayed on the ticket. Remember to bring your ID on the train.
- You can only reserve one journey for the same date and time.
- Holiday ticket includes an Eko Class seat. For a surcharge, you can reserve a seat in the Ekstra Class or upstairs of the restaurant car, or travel with your pet or bike. If you travel on a night train, you can ask the conductor about the possibility of travelling in a sleeper cabin for a charge.
Area of validity
- A holiday ticket is valid for long-distance traffic journeys everywhere in Finland and in VR commuter traffic. You can plan the route yourself or get inspired by our route suggestions.
- Holiday ticket cannot be used for HSL commuter train journeys (Y, X, U, L, E, A, P, I and K trains).
Holiday tickets cannot be cancelled.
Unused single journeys reserved with the ticket must be cancelled no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train. You can cancel a journey through the VR Matkalla app or by calling VR Customer Support: 0100 3232 (cost 0,06 €/min + lnc/mcc).
If you cancel a journey that includes a paid additional service, the price of the additional service can be refunded for the majority of payment methods within 5 business days. If it is not possible to refund the service, you can contact our customer service in order to arrange the refund.
Holiday tickets can only be purchased in the VR Matkalla app. You must create a user account and log in to the app using your VR username. You must be logged in to the app in order to purchase a holiday ticket and book single journeys. Your tickets will be easily available in the app when travelling.
Visit nature by train
Take the train to the breathtaking scenery of national parks and natural attractions. We’ve put together hiking and camping sites, which can be conveniently accessed even without your own car.
Smoothly from door to door
Combine the best aspects of different modes of transport and travel smoothly to your destination. When you pay with a holiday ticket, you can add to your train trip tickets for local transport, parking at stations, taxi rides from the station or even car rental at a lower price.