Bring your car to the North easily
Admire the wilderness, conquer fells and enjoy peaceful moments in nature. You can save a whole day by transporting your car with you on the train.
Train is the greenest choice for travel to the NorthGETTING THE CLIMATE BACK ON TRACK
Train is the most environmentally friendly means of travelling. You can travel by train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi and back 50 times, whereas the same amount of emissions is produced during only one round trip by car.
Where would you like to travel on a car-carrier train?
Tips for car-carrier train passengers
Read this advice before boarding a car-carrier train.
- Check the vehicle size from the registration document when booking a CarTrain journey.
- Book the journey well in advance. You can find the exact time for loading the car in your ticket.
- We want to make sure you are safe – please load and unload your car alone. Meanwhile your travel companions can have a cup of coffee at the station.
- As a rule, you will load and unload your own car by yourself. There’s no need to be nervous about the loading or unloading – we will help you.
- Choose a sleeping cabin that suits your needs. We can customise a CarTrain package for you.
- Pack a separate overnight bag with things you might need on the train trip. Remember to remove cold- or heat-sensitive items from the car. Other items can be left in the car.
- You don’t have to worry about eating during the trip – our restaurant car stays open long into the night and opens early in the morning.
More about CarTrain packages
Restaurant services on night trains
You don’t need to be hungry on a night train – our restaurant car serves you until late at night and again early in the morning.
When would you like to travel?
Several car-carriers run every day between the North and South. You can find detailed timetables for car-carriers from our timetables website.