How to buy season tickets
Here are instructions for buying the new season ticket. More information about the product below.
Download the VR Matkalla app
Log in to the app
- Log in to the app using your VR username.
- If you do not have a username for our services, you can create it here.
- You can still use your old Veturi username to log in.
Buy season tickets
- You can then start buying season tickets.
- You will receive ticket information to your email address, but the actual ticket entitling you to the journey is available only in the VR Matkalla app.
- Show your valid season ticket in the app when the conductor is checking tickets.
Season tickets from the VR Matkalla app only
Travel as much as you want during the validity of the ticket. With a season ticket, you can board trains at all times.
This is the renewed season ticket
- Log in to the app to buy a season ticket.
- You can select a season of 14, 30, 60, 90, 180 or 365 days
- You can choose to start the season from the time of purchase or within the next 6 days
- You can also find the long-distance quota seats here.
- In the app, you can follow your own train with notifications for possible delays or changes.
- The renewed season ticket is still personal, so remember to bring your ID with you
Which routes are included in the VR commuter traffic area and which belong to the HSL area?
VR’s commuter traffic encompasses traffic operated with commuter trains with line IDs in areas from Helsinki to Lahti and Nokia. VR’s commuter traffic tickets are not valid on VR’s long-distance trains.
Tickets for the HSL area are bought according to the HSL zones. The HSL area is divided into four zones, identified by the letters A, B, C and D, spreading out from the center of Helsinki.