What does this accessibility statement apply to?
This statement applies to VR’s website vr.fi, published for the first time on 11 December 2019. This statement has been prepared on 11 December 2019. The accessibility of this digital service has been assessed by Siteimprove, contributing to the continuous development of this service to make it more accessible.
When developing our new digital services, we pay special attention to accessibility. Everyone is welcome on the train – we also want to make our digital services accessible to all, taking the customers’ different needs into account.
Our goal is to provide all users with good service, regardless of the device they use, and we also take screen readers and keyboard-assisted navigation into account. However, this requires continuous development and there is still a long journey ahead of us.
We thank you for your patience and hope that you will send us feedback on any deficiencies and development needs.
Vr.fi and VR Matkalla awarded with the Selkeästi meille label
The Selkeästi meille project assessed our online services from the perspective of their cognitive accessibility. The label shows that we want to make our services as accessible and easy to understand as possible.
Digital service accessibility status
VR’s website vr.fi meets critical accessibility requirements.
The content listed below is not accessible in line with the WCAG criteria, for the following reasons:
- The coach map on the website is not accessible with screen readers. However, the passenger can choose certain seat types (wheelchair space, pet seat, etc.) with a separate seat type selection that meets the requirements. A seat can also be booked by calling VR’s customer service. Accessibility requirements not met: 2.1.1 Keyboard A
- Third-party iFrame content embedded on the website is not in an accessible format for the screen reader. Accessibility requirements not met: 2.1.1 Keyboard A
- Feedback on accessibility can be given though our contact form. Please select subjects "Other than train travel" and "Accessibility of digital services". Accessibility requirements not met: 2.1.1 Keyboard A
Did you find deficiencies in the accessibility of our digital services? Report them to us and we will do our best to fix the situation.
You can send feedback on the accessibility of the new website or the VR Matkalla application though our contact form.
Users for whom digital services are not accessible can also get support by calling our customer service at 0100 3232 (cost 0,06 €/min + lnc/mcc).
If you notice accessibility problems on our website, contact us, the website administrators, first. It may take 14 days before you get a response. If you are not satisfied with the response or you do not receive a response within two weeks, you can send a notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides details on how to send a notification and how the case is processed.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
- Accessibility supervision unit
- Telephone (exchange): +358 295 016 000
Future improvements to accessibility
This is what we will be focusing on in the future.
Support for screen readers
To be developed continuously
The processing of interactive elements in a manner that is suitable for screen readers will be developed further.
Text alternatives and screen readers
To be developed continuously
The availability of language versions for text alternatives intended for screen readers will be improved.