Loading a car onto the train
Save an entire day of your trip onboard CarTrain
You arrive in a flash when you load your car onto the train and sleep overnight in the sleeping compartment. It’s easier to load a car onto the train than you think!
Remember the following when loading your car onto the train
There’s no need to be nervous about the loading
This is how you load your car by yourself
- As a rule, you will always load and unload your own car by yourself.
- Especially non-standard (e.g. lowered) vehicles and cars with trailers must always be loaded and unloaded by the driver.
- We want to make sure that you are safe – please load and unload your car when you are alone. Meanwhile, your travel companion can have a cup of coffee at the station.
- Reserve enough time for loading the car. You can find the exact load time on your ticket.
- Remember to pack a separate overnight bag to take with you whatever you may need in the sleeping compartment. The rest of the baggage you can leave in the car.
- Once you have loaded your car, engage the car’s parking brake, turn off the air-conditioning/heating and lock the car.
- There’s no need to be nervous about the loading or unloading – our employees will help you throughout all the stages of it.
When we will load your car for you
- If you cannot load or unload your car yourself, we will load it for you.
- You might be unable to load or unload your car yourself when you are, for example, travelling alone with kids or if you are disabled or have mobility impairments.
- Always remember to choose the car loading service already when purchasing the CarTrain package. The service is free of charge.
- Park your car for loading in a designated parking space at the departure date.
- You can find the exact load time on your ticket.
- Deliver the keys to the hand-over location well in advance.
- Parking spaces and places for handing over the keys are station-specific and you can find them on the station’s website.
Check the parking spaces and places for handing over the keys from station-specific information.
Car spaces sold out on the desired train?
Send your car to the destination on its own 1–5 days in advance and follow with a night train that suits your schedule. Book a separate car transport service for your CarTrain package via customer service, tel. 0600 41 900 (EUR 1.99/answered call + LNC).