Tampere railway station
VR service point opening hours
Waiting room opening hours
Daily 24 h
Ticket vending machines are inside of the station building.
Information about the station’s services
Measurements of lockers:
- Size S: w 73 cm x h 38 cm x d 94 cm
- Size XL: w 63 cm x h 96 cm x d 94 cm
- The customer can also choose an accessible locker making it easier for drop off of items.
The lockers can be booked for 3, 6, 12, 24 or 72 hours. The price is determined by the size of locker, duration of booking and the season. The lowest price for three hours in an S size locker is 3.90 euros and 4.90 euros for the XL locker. Payment is made with payment cards approved by us. An additional fee will be charged hourly for exceeding the booking time. Items left behind will be taken to Suomen Löytötavarapalvelut lost property service. For more information, please contact our customer service., Opens in a new tab
Assistance service at the station
The assistance point is located in front of the railway station, by the doors to the southern underpass. There is no shelter at the assistance point. Drop-off traffic can reach the assistance point. A taxi stand and car park are located next to the assistance point.
Lifts are available to the station platforms.
To book assistance service, call VR customer service for accessible travel at 0800 188 822 (free of charge, service hours Mon–Fri 5am–10pm, Sat–Sun 7am–10pm) no later than 24 hours before your departure.
Car and vehicle loading to car-carrier train
The car loading site is located at the northern end of the station at Rautatienkatu 21, 33100 Tampere. Please reserve enough time to reach the site. Car-loading personnel serves customers Mon–Sun from 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
If you leave your car to be loaded:
- Arrive at the loading site no later than 30 minutes before loading begins.
- Deliver the keys to the station building’s platform office located on platform 1 at least 30 minutes before the start of the loading time stated on the ticket.
- Print out your ticket and attach it to the keys. You can also write the ticket information on a paper (name, phone number, departure date, train, departure station, destination station, car make and model, and registration number).
- Leave your car in the angle parking area at the car loading site; however, not under the hotel’s canopy.
Handing over the keys
- The keys to cars arriving on the car-carrier train are handed over to customers at the car loading site immediately after the car-carrier has been unloaded.
- You can also ask the platform office about the keys.
During the loading time, personnel will be available in the angle parking area or near it on platform 1.
Vicinity of railway station
You can find a map of the surroundings of the Tampere railway station as a pdf file on the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency’s website, Opens in a new tab.
An easy way to get from the Tampere railway station to Särkänniemi
You can get from the railway station and its vicinity to the Särkänniemi amusement park, Opens in a new tab in about 20 minutes by bus. You can check the bus timetables at https://www.nysse.fi/en/, Opens in a new tab. If you buy your train ticket in the VR Matkalla app, you can also buy a Nysse ticket for Tampere’s public transport there.