Smoother commuter traffic in Pirkanmaa
All the way with the same ticket
Travel on local transport and hop on a train with the same ticket. The cooperation between VR and Nysse extends in April 2022 to include the value ticket loaded on the Nysse card. Together with long-distance train services, the commuter trains in the Tampere region offer a green and fast public transport alternative that helps people travel throughout the entire region.
What kind of trains can I travel on with Nysse tickets?
Nysse tickets can be used to travel in the Tampere region on both VR's commuter and long-distance trains.
- The line ID for Tampere's commuter trains is M as in Manse. Some of the services run the whole route between Nokia and Toijala, while others only run between Tampere and Nokia or Tampere and Toijala. When the Tesoma stop opens, the M train will stop there as well.
- In addition, there are R trains running between Tampere and Toijala, running the route Tampere–Riihimäki–Helsinki daily in both directions.
- Several of VR's long-distance trains stop in Lempäälä, Tampere, Nokia, Tesoma, Orivesi, and Orivesi Center.
- Even more Nysse tickets can now be used for train traffic in the Tampere region.
How to travel with a Nysse ticket
- Nysse's travel card season tickets and, since April 4th 2022, value tickets and mobile tickets (single and day tickets and season tickets for students) that have been loaded onto the card can be used to travel on VR's commuter and long-distance trains in the Tampere region.
- On the Tampere–Lempäälä and Tampere–Nokia routes, you will need zones A, B and C.
- On the Tampere–Orivesi route, you will need zones A, B, C, D and E.
- On the Tampere–Tesoma route, you will need zones A and B.
- On the Tesoma–Nokia route, you will need zones B and C.
- Register your travel card or mobile ticket in the reader on the platform before boarding the train.
Please note that the Nysse ticket does not cover Viiala or Toijala, and you will need a VR ticket to travel to these stations.
- When traveling on Nysse tickets, Nysse's age limits apply. Other travel instructions follow VR's guidelines.
- More information about the ticket cooperation is available on Nysse's website.
- More information about traveling on Nysse’s Event Tickets is available on Nysse's website.
VR single tickets easily here
Tips for traveling with a Nysse ticket
The Nyssykkä service
The Nyssykkä demand-responsive transport service provides train passengers with a minibus service between the centre of Orivesi and the Orivesi railway station whenever the Nysse bus service 95A does not operate.
- You can travel on Nyssykkä with no surcharge if you have a train ticket to/from Orivesi for the same day.
- You can order a ride by sending an SMS to or calling the number 040 3501 456 (LNC/MCC). The telephone service is open Mon–Fri from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sat–Sun from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Please order your ride at the latest 60 minutes before your train's scheduled departure or arrival time in Orivesi.
- Rides to the 7:25 morning train (from Orivesi to Tampere) must be ordered by 10 p.m. the night before.
- Nysse season tickets for zones A, B, C, D and E, Nysse value tickets and Nysse single tickets (available in the Nysse Mobiili app) are accepted payment methods.
- Nyssykkä is operated by Valkeakosken Liikenne Oy.
- Check out Nyssykkä's timetables and more information here.