Sleep through the journey
Our comfortable sleeper cars take you to dreamland and your selected destination. You can enjoy breakfast and evening snacks in the atmospheric restaurant car. Own cabin starting from only EUR 49, cabins with shower starting from EUR 69.
What type of cabin would you like?
We have cabins for various needs and situations.
Upstairs or downstairs?
- Add luxury to your journey with an upstairs cabin which has a shower and toilet.
- The downstairs cabins are somewhat more inexpensive, with showers and toilets along the aisles.
- Cabins are for 1–2 or 1–3 people.
- You can also select an adjoining downstairs cabins (2 + 2 persons), with a partition that can be opened.
- The cabins have bunk beds.
- Our night trains also have accessible and pet cabins.
- We are not selling single sleeping berths in shared cabins, which means the cabin is always used by only you and your travel companions. The price is cabin-specific and not dependent on the number of passengers.
- Night train travel with children – Here are tips and instructions for the night train
The cabin is always reserved for you or your group, we do not sell individual sleeping berths in cabins.
Cabins for special needs
You can also reserve an accessible cabin or a pet-friendly cabin.
Cabins in old cars
These cabins are available on the express trains (P trains) during high season
Accessible sleeper cabin
All of our night trains are accessible. Accessible sleeper cabins are located right next to the entrance while accessible toilets can be found right outside the cabins on the corridor.
Night train travel with children
Here are tips and instructions for the night train
- Children up to the age of 10 are allowed to travel on night trains free of charge when sharing a berth with another passenger. However, please note that the beds are 0.75 metres wide and 2 metres long.
- A child will not need their own ticket if they share a berth with another passenger. Kindly inform our customer service about the child traveling with you 0600 41 900 (2 € / answered call + lnc/mcc).
- If you need a safety net for a child sleeping on a berth, you can pre-order one free of charge from our customer support 0100 3232 (0,06 €/min 0,06 €/min + lnc/mcc, Mon-Fri 5 am – 10 pm and Sat-Sun 7 am - 10 pm). The net can only be installed on a lower berth, and it will be already in place when you board the train.
Ensure that at least one adult is always in the cabin when travelling with small children.
- InterCity trains have a disabled toilet with child care facilities and the means for heating milk. Baby food can be heated up in the restaurant car.
- A maximum of two adults and two children may be accommodated in a double cabin.
- A maximum of three adults and three children may be accommodated in a triple cabin.
- You can have a travel bed in the sleeper cabin, with maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 60 cm. However, please note that the bed may need to be moved to leave the cabin.
You can also bring a pram to the sleeper cabin or ask a conductor to help you take it to the baggage car. Read more about luggage on trains
- The amenities in sleeper cabins do not include a potty.
Read more about travelling with children
- 6 tips for night train travel with children
Buy your ticket for a night train
Add a car on your trip from the passenger menu.
Peek into a sleeper cabin
You can select a sleeper cabin for yourself or your group
Looking for nostalgia?
There is at least one older blue sleeper car in all trains to Kolari and in the additional trains during the ski season with older rolling stock. These cars are well-suited for three-person groups, as the compartments in the single-storey sleeping-cars are high and they have three-storey bunk beds.
Remember the Midsummer Train?
The Midsummer Train was an amazing 13-hour direct TV and radio broadcast from a night train. The broadcast took place during the midsummer night and covered the events and passengers on a night train travelling from Helsinki to Rovaniemi.
Kaikissa hyteissämme on kerrossängyt. Saat päättää missä makoilet.