To and from the station smoothly in a taxi
Train passengers travel in a taxi with a discount
Arrive or leave the train station more smoothly in a taxi. VR and Lähitaksi now offer train passengers a taxi discount: by showing your train ticket, you will receive a Lähitaksi taxi journey at a 10% discount. The discount is valid to and from stations in Uusimaa and Riihimäki.
How do I get the discount?
- Purchase a train trip with a departure or destination station located in Uusimaa or Riihimäki
- Order a Lähitaksi taxi in advance at +358 100 7300 (EUR 1.92 + EUR 0.25/10 s + local network/mobile call charge) or find a free Lähitaksi taxi from the station area
- Show your train ticket to the driver when you get into the taxi and tell them where you want to go
- Travel smoothly to your destination!
- Pay the driver according to the meter, and you will receive a 10% discount on the taxi journey (see Lähitaksi’s fare calculator for the estimate of the taxi journey price)
How will I recognise a taxi where I can get the discount?
Lähitaksi’s taxis are identified by the taxi dome on the roof of the taxi – the dome shows the Lähitaksi logo and taxi number.
At which stations is the discount valid?
The cooperation between VR and Lähitaksi covers all train stations located in Uusimaa and Riihimäki. For a detailed list of stations, see the further information.
The discount offered by VR and Lähitaksi is available to all customers travelling on VR train tickets under the following terms and conditions:
- To get the discount, the train ticket must be shown to the taxi driver before the start of the taxi journey
- The train ticket must be for the same day as the day on which the taxi journey is made (travel times extending to the following day are allowed)
- One of the two stations of the train ticket must be the same as where the taxi journey began or ended
- To get the discount, the taxi journey must be paid to the driver in the taxi
Taxi discount can be obtained from Lähitaksi taxis in the entire Uusimaa and Riihimäki area.
To make sure that you can find a Lähitaksi taxi at a particular station at a specific time, we recommend booking a taxi in advance by calling the Lähitaksi dispatch centre at +358 100 7300 (EUR 1.92 + EUR 0.25/10 s + local network/mobile call charge).
The area includes the following train stations:
Ainola, Aviapolis, Dragsvik, Espoo, Haarajoki, Hanko, Hanko Pohjoinen, Helsinki, Helsinki Airport, Hiekkaharju, Huopalahti, Hyvinkää, Ilmala, Järvenpää, Jokela, Jorvas, Kannelmäki, Käpylä, Karjaa, Kauklahti, Kauniainen, Kera, Kerava, Kilo, Kirkkonummi, Kivistö, Koivuhovi, Koivukylä, Korso, Lappohja, Leinelä, Airport, Leppävaara, Louhela, Mäkkylä, Malmi, Malminkartano, Mäntsälä, Martinlaakso, Masala, Myyrmäki, Oulunkylä, Pasila, Pitäjänmäki, Pohjois-Haaga, Puistola, Pukinmäki, Rekola, Riihimäki, Santala, Saunakallio, Savio, Siuntio, Skogby, Tammisaari, Tapanila, Tikkurila, Tolsa, Tuomarila, Valimo, Vantaankoski, Vehkala
VR and Lähitaksi offer a 10% discount on taxi journeys for passengers travelling by train. A taxi journey consists of the base fee and the price of the journey.
The discount does not apply to possible additional services (e.g. a child seat), which must be ordered in advance when ordering the taxi. Additional services are charged according to Lähitaksi’s price list.