Taxi journey with a discount
Get a discount on your taxi fare with your ticket
We wish to offer our customers an even smoother journey to and from the train station. As a train passenger, you get a 10% discount on taxi fares from Lähitaksi, Menevä and Taxidata. The benefit is valid at selected train stations.
How do I get the taxi discount?
To receive the taxi benefit, you must have purchased a train ticket.
- Buy a train journey that departs from or arrives to a station which is covered by the taxi benefit
- Book a taxi ride in advance from one of our partners online, by phone, or find a taxi at the station. When booking by phone, mention that you are booking a VR taxi.
- Show your train ticket to the taxi driver before starting the taxi ride
- Travel smoothly to your destination!
- Pay for the taxi ride in advance or directly to the taxi driver according to your chosen booking method, you will get a 10% discount on the fare
Booking a taxi in advance
Lähitaksi taxis eligible for the discount can be booked for railway stations in Helsinki, Vantaa, and Espoo, as well as for all other railway stations in the Uusimaa region, and Riihimäki. Book a taxi in advance online or by calling 0100 7300 (EUR 2.50 + EUR 0.25/10 s + local network/mobile call charge). When booking by phone, mention that you are booking a VR taxi.
Menevä taxis eligible for the discount are available in the following cities: Joensuu, Kajaani, Kuopio, Lahti, Lieksa, Rovaniemi, and Turku. Book a taxi in advance online or by calling free number 0800 02120. When booking by phone, mention that you are booking a VR taxi.
Taxidata taxis eligible for the discount are available at railway stations in Turku.
Book a Taxidata taxi by calling 0200 10041. When booking by phone, mention that you are booking a VR taxi.