Park & ride in the capital region
An easy way to travel
Smoother travel with the park-and-ride benefit! You can park at selected stations for up to 48 hours with a train ticket. The park-and-ride benefit varies between stations.
Valid park-and-ride benefits
VR's train ticket entitles you to park for free or at a discounted price at the following stations’ park-and-ride areas
How do I use the parking benefit at the selected train stations?
Park-and-ride benefit is offered at selected stations in Vantaa, Espoo and Helsinki.
Registering the parking
- Park your car at your departure station’s park-and-ride area at the earliest one hour before your train’s departure time.
- Register your parking with a parking machine. Follow the instructions.
- If applicable, select the length of your parking time.
- If applicable, pay the required sum of the chosen parking time.
- Confirm your parking. Your chosen parking time starts from the confirmation of your parking.
During the parking
- If you've parked at Malmi station, take the receipt of your parking confirmation to your car for the duration of your parking. At all the other stations the parking information is handled automatically, so you do not need to take the receipt to your car.
- Hop on your train and enjoy the trip!
- When you finish your parking and leave the parking area, you don't need to do anything else.
Information about parking
Show the train ticket's QR code to the readerHow do I park with a train ticket?
You can utilize the park-and-ride benefit when you scan your train ticket's QR code on the code reader next to the parking machine. Green light indicates that the ticket has been accepted. Make sure that your screen's brightness is high.