Winter time begins – changes in timetables
Finland transitions to winter time on Sunday 25 October with clocks moving at 04:00 a.m. from summer time to standard time, 03:00 a.m. The turning of the clocks will affect a couple of train services in the night between Saturday and Sunday.
Long-distance night trains will stop to wait for their next scheduled departure time according to the normal time as follows:
Train IC 265 Oulu
- Arrives summer time 04:42 a.m.
- Arrives winter time 03:42 a.m.
- Departs 04:51 a.m from track 3
Train P 270 Seinäjoki
- Arrives summer time 03.26 a.m.
- Arrives winter time 02:26 a.m.
- Departs 3:29 a.m from track 1
Train IC 274 Seinäjoki
- Arrives summer time 03:42 a.m.
- Arrives winter time 02:42 a.m.
- Departs 03:47 a.m from track 2
- L train from Helsinki departs at 3:03 a.m. both summer and winter time. The L train will not depart at 4:03 a.m. winter time.
- T train from Helsinki departs at 3:21 a.m. winter time but not at 4:21 a.m. winter time.
- T train from Riihimäki departs at 3:56 a.m. winter time but not at 3:56 a.m. summer time.
See the HSL website for HSL’s schedules, Opens in a new tab.