Continue your trip in a rental car
Decide your own timetables and routes
Travel even more safely and easily with train and a rental car. We offer our train passengers a car rental discount with Hertz Car Rental. The discount is available for passengers travelling to Joensuu, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Kuopio, Rovaniemi, Seinäjoki, Tampere, Turku and Vaasa.
How does the service work?
- Book a train journey to one of the selected cities (Joensuu, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Kuopio, Rovaniemi, Seinäjoki, Tampere, Turku, Vaasa)
- Move to Hertz's website to book the rental car
- Follow the instructions for booking a car
- Travel on your selected train journey to the destination
- The car you booked will be waiting for you at your chosen station
- Follow the pick up instructions given in the Hertz booking confirmation
- Enjoy the freedom of unlimited kilometres!
- Return the car back to the station after the rental period
Frequently asked questions
We offer the car rental discount for all passengers travelling to selected cities. The car rental does not affect the price of train tickets. The discount id up to 15% off, according to availability.
The car is booked and paid directly from and to Hertz. To use the discount, you have to book the car no later than 2 hours before the rental period begins.
Depending on the opening hours and availability of Hertz offices, you should book the car in good time beforehand. Hertz terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
VR’s normal practices apply to any changes and cancellations of train journeys. In cases of changes, cancellations and disruption situations related to the car rental, please contact directly the Hertz location you booked the car from or call Hertz Reservation and Customer Service, tel. 0200 11 22 33, open Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (€0.99 per minute + local network/mobile call charges).
You can find the location’s contact information in your booking confirmation and the rental agreement. The contact information of all Hertz locations are also available on their website.