Continue your trip in a rental car
Rental car offerTravel smoothly in your destination
VR and Hertz offer train passengers up to -15% discount on car rentals. Book your train tickets, bring your large luggage and travel crew, and plan the perfect trip for you. Discount is valid on several stations.
Decide your own timetables and routes
Enjoy the smooth travel with train and a rental car. We offer our train passengers a car rental discount with Hertz Car Rental. The discount is available for passengers travelling to selected stations.
How does the service work?
- Book a train journey to one of the selected cities (Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Kajaani, Kemi, Kemijärvi, Kolari, Kouvola, Kuopio, Kupittaa, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Seinäjoki, Tampere, Tikkurila, Turku, Vaasa)
- Move to Hertz's website to book the rental car, Opens in a new tab
- Follow the instructions for booking a car - you'll get the up to -15% discount automatically!
- Travel on your selected train journey to the destination
- The car you booked will be waiting for you at your chosen station
- Follow the pick up instructions given in the Hertz booking confirmation
- Enjoy the freedom of unlimited kilometres!
- Return the car back to the station after the rental period
Frequently asked questions
The car rental discount is valid for all passengers travelling to the selected stations. The car rental does not affect the price of train tickets.
The discount id up to 15% off Hertz's regular prices, according to availability.
- The car is booked and paid directly from and to Hertz.
- To use the discount, you have to book the car no later than 2 hours before the rental period begins. An exception to this are car rentals from Kolari and Kemijärvi station, which always have to be made at least 48 hours before the start of the rental period.
- Depending on the opening hours and availability of Hertz offices, you should book the car in good time beforehand. Hertz terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
VR’s normal practices apply to any changes and cancellations of train journeys. In cases of changes, cancellations and disruption situations related to the car rental, please contact directly the Hertz location you booked the car from or call Hertz Reservation and Customer Service, tel. 0200 11 22 33, open Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (€0.99 per minute + local network/mobile call charges).
You can find the location’s contact information in your booking confirmation and the rental agreement. The contact information of all Hertz locations are also available on their website, Opens in a new tab.