Continue your journey on JOJO's public transport
Smoother travel in the Joensuu region
You can buy Joensuu region's public transport JOJO single tickets to go with your journey in the VR Matkalla app. The bought train and JOJO tickets can be easily found in the app. Tickets can be bought together with train journeys arriving in or leaving the JOJO area.
Buying and using a JOJO single ticket
Before the journey
Choose Joensuu as your journey's departure or destination station
- Choose the train connection you want and add a further connection on urban public transport
- Choose the zones you want for your JOJO single ticket and confirm the addition of the ticket to your order
- Complete the order and pay for your train ticket and JOJO single ticket in one go
- After the payment, you will be able to find your tickets in the app’s Tickets section
During the journey
Before boarding a public transport vehicle, please activate your JOJO single ticket in the app
- Your JOJO single ticket will become valid immediately after activation and the validity period can be seen in the activated ticket
- Show the QR code of your activated ticket to the ticket reader before you start your journey
- You can find the latest traffic information, timetables and help for route planning in JOJO's Journey Planner
- Enjoy smooth travel!
Information about JOJO tickets
- With a JOJO ticket, you can travel both in JOJO's own busses as well as in the Northern Karelian ELY centre's Waltti busses operating in the area. The buses will have either a JOJO or Waltti sign on them.
- You can find all the right bus connections from JOJO's journey planner. Buses operating on route between Honkalampi-Outokumpu (400, 401, 402) are an exception to this, as you cannot travel in them with a JOJO ticket.
- JOJO single tickets can be bought via the VR Matkalla app for train journeys that start or end in Joensuu.
- JOJO single tickets can be bought when buying VR's single tickets and booking a journey with a multi or holiday ticket.
- You can buy JOJO adult single tickets via our VR Matkalla app.
- The ticket for the onward connection by JOJO must be activated within 24 hours after the train's arrival.
- When you are buying JOJO single tickets for your travel group, everyone in the group gets the same kind of ticket.
- The cost of the JOJO single ticket follows JOJO's ticket pricing. We add a service charge of € 0,30 per passenger to all tickets bought via the VR Matkalla app.
- Only JOJO's adult single tickets can be purchased from VR Matkalla app.
Local public transport tickets and cancellations
- Local public transport single tickets are not covered by cancellation insurance. Local public transport single tickets that have already been bought cannot be cancelled.
Local public transport tickets and changes
- Purchased local public transport single tickets cannot be changed.
- If you wish to change your train journey, the local public transport single ticket bought together with the original journey will be transferred to the new train journey.
Do you want to give feedback about the purchase and use of public transport tickets or about your journey on public transport traffic in general? We are happy to receive feedback in order to improve our service further.
You can give feedback to JOJO about the following:
- General feedback about travelling on public transport
- Traffic's timetables and routes
- Feedback regarding public transport vehicles
We constantly want to improve our services and therefore your feedback on the following topics, in particular, is valuable to us:
- The ticket purchase process or use of the public transport ticket in the VR Matkalla app
- Failure to buy or use a public transport ticket in the VR Matkalla app
For smoother and greener travelTravel from door to door
We want to offer our customers an even easier way to travel to their destination using public transport. We are working to improve public transport ticket sales on the basis of customer feedback – this is only the beginning!