What discounts can I get?
You get a pensioner discount on train tickets for long-distance traffic and VR’s commuter traffic if you are a pensioner or at least 65 years old.
Tickets for long-distance -20%
You get a 20% pensioner discount on basic and saver tickets for long-distance traffic, on multi-tickets for 10 and 30 journeys and on berth tickets.
Pensioners travel more cheaply
How to get a pensioner discount
If you are at least 65 years old
All you need to do is present to the ticket inspector on the train an identity document issued by a police authority.
- Personal identity card
- Driving license
- A Kela card with a photo
If you are a pensioner
All you need to do is present one of the following documents to the ticket inspector on the train
- VR-E card
- A Kela card with photo and the code “eläkkeensaaja”
- A card provided for national pension recipients (with no photo)
- A written certificate issued by Kela stating that you receive national pension
- An employment pension card or a written pension decision issued by an employee pension company
- A certificate issued by Kela's Centre for International Affairs stating that you receive pension from some other European country
Part-time pension and partial disability pension do not give the right to pensioner discounts.