Now you can book an empty seat next to you when purchasing a train ticket
We are introducing the long-awaited opportunity to book an empty seat next to you!
You can purchase an empty seat in the vr.fi online shop, by calling VR’s customer care at 0600 41 900 (2 € / answered call + LNC) or by visiting VR’s service points at stations. An empty seat is clearly cheaper than a normal ticket: for instance, with adults’ Saver Ticket for the journey from Helsinki to Tampere (EUR 8.90), the price of booking an empty seat next to you is EUR 3.20, which will be added to the train ticket price.
- You can find an empty seat at vr.fi when you choose “Empty seat next to me” as the other ticket type in addition to your own ticket type
- Check the coach map to ensure that the empty seat is next to you
- When travelling, take both the empty seat document and your train ticket with you. The empty seat document alone cannot be used as a ticket on the train.
- You can also purchase an empty seat in the Ekstra Class, the upstairs of the restaurant car and a coach with pet area, provided that the seat is next to you
- The empty seat is subject to the same cancellation terms and conditions as the actual train ticket
Buy empty seat next to you on shop.vr.fi!