You are using an outdated browser
Restaurant car favourites at your seat
Delicious food to your seat on a day train
You can order treats from the restaurant car straight to your seat using the VR Matkalla app. The service is available on all long-distance day trains that have a restaurant car.
The service’s menu and price list on day trains
Club sandwich (L) and Coca Cola Zero
A hearty and delicious sandwich that will satisfy your hunger. Includes a half-a-litre bottle of Coca Cola Zero.
Restaurant car brunch
A delicious rye bread sandwich with cheese (L), orange juice (vegan, G), natural yoghurt with berry granola (L) and coffee or tea.
Meatballs (L,G) and still water
Meatballs and mashed potatoes is an old favourite restaurant car meal. Includes a half-a-litre bottle of still water.
Tomato and pesto pasta (vegan) and still water
Tomato and pesto pasta is a rich and delicious pasta dish. Includes a half-a-litre bottle of still water.
Chicken Ceasar salad (L) and still water
Delicious salad with chicken. Includes a half-a-litre bottle of still water.
Salmon soup with rye bread (L) and still water
Salmon soup is great for lunch or dinner. Includes a half-a-litre bottle of still water.
Tasty treats easily to your seat
How to order to your seat on a day train
- You can order treats from the restaurant car to your own seat in the VR Matkalla app. You can start making you order from the app's home page.
- Choose the package you want from those available at the time and proceed to payment. You can pay for your order by card, Siirto or Mobile Pay.
- You'll get a notification in the app when your order has been confirmed. You'll also get an estimated delivery time for your order. You can follow the progress of your order in the app.
- Sit back, relax and take a moment to wait for your food's arrival.
- You can see the ordering service in the VR Matkalla app when you've purchased your ticket signed-in. You can also add tickets bought through another sales channel to the app with the ticket's order and reference number.
- The service is available on long-distance day trains when there is more than 30 minutes of travel time left.
- Sometimes the train personnel may have to close the service, eg. due to rush, in which cases it will disappear from the app temporarily.
- The service is available on trains with a restaurant car and follows the same opening times.
Breakfast in bed?
You can pre-order breakfast to your own sleeper cabin for your night train journeys. See more info along with the breakfast selection below.
Enjoy delicious food on a night train
- There is a restaurant car on each night train that serves you until 2 a.m. and reopens in the morning at 4 a.m. The restaurant car does not take table reservations.
- If you wish to enjoy your breakfast in your cabin, you can pre-order it on the vr.fi website from "Edit my journey" -> "Add breakfast". The order must be placed no later than 5 days before the journey and the breakfast is paid for at the time of the purchase. We will deliver the breakfast 120–30 minutes before your terminus.
- Explore the tasty breakfast packages on sale and enjoy your delicious and carefree journey.
- If you have cancellation insurance and you have to cancel your journey, which includes breakfast ordered in advance from vr.fi, the cancellation insurance covers both the journey and the breakfast. Breakfast alone cannot be cancelled.
- If you change your departure, the pre-paid meal will not remain on your tickets.
- Please note that on the train service IC933 the restaurant is only open until 10.45 p.m. and reopens again at 2 a.m.
Start your morning gently with porridge and berries (vegan). Includes orange juice and coffee or tea.
Treat yourself with a croissant (low lactose), jam, orange juice and coffee or tea.
The children’s breakfast is a croissant (low lactose) and a juice box.
Train traveller’s brunch
This hearty brunch consists of a rye bread sandwich with cheese (lactose-free), natural yoghurt with muesli (lactose-free), orange juice and coffee or tea.
The service’s menu and price list on night trains
Breakfasts, only by pre-order
- Scandinavian breakfast: Porridge and berries (vegan), orange juice (vegan) and coffee or tea €9.60
- French breakfast: Croissant with jam (low lactose), orange juice (vegan) and coffee or tea €9,90
- Children's breakfast: Croissant (low lactose) and juice €5.90
- Traveller's brunch: Rye bread sandwich with cheese (lactose-free), natural yoghurt with berry muesli (lactose-free), orange juice (vegan) and coffee or tea €11.90
- Gluten free breakfast: Gluten free bun with cheese, orange juice (vegan) and coffee or tea €12,50
- Warm falafel salad (gluten-free, vegan) 10,70 €
- Meatballs and mashed potatoes (lactose-free, gluten-free) 14,90 €
- Children’s meatballs (lactose-free, gluten-free) 8,70 €
- Chicken pesto pasta (lactose-free) 14,70 €
- Pasta Carbonara (lactose-free) 13,50 €
- Tomato and pesto pasta (vegan) 12,70 €
- Chicken Caesar salad (lactose-free) 11,80 €
Meal prices include service fee (1,00€).
More information about allergens
You can get more information about allergens of the restaurant car products from the staff during your journey or in advance from customer service.