Allegro train to St. Petersburg
From Helsinki to St. Petersburg in 3.5 hours
Let St. Petersburg mesmerise you! The stylish Allegro, is an environmentally friendly way to travel to the vibrant metropolis. Allegro is an international train. There is both a Russian and a Finnish conductor providing assistance to you during the entire journey and border control is performed on the train.
- Restaurant services: Allegro Bistro restaurant and sales trolley
- Free wi-fi (Allegro Free Wi-Fi)
- Free spring water from a vending machine
- Air conditioning
- Blankets from conductors
- Toilets (incl. accessible toilet)
- Power sockets for each seat
- Comfortable seats with tray tables, reading lights and adjustable backrests (except for the seats at both ends of the coach)
- Employees speak Finnish, Russian and English
- Overhead stowage compartments and space for baggage at each end of the coach
- Skis and snowboards packed in a bag can be transported in the train’s overhead rack
- You can also take a packed bike with you
- Space for prams
- Please note that a separate space must be reserved for very large baggage
- Read more about baggage transport
Four round trips every dayAllegro timetables
With four daily Allegro train round trips it’s easy to travel to St. Petersburg. You can for example take the first train of the day and return in the evening. Tickets from Helsinki to St. Petersburg start from EUR 29.
Enjoy 1st class
Allegro is an elegant train, but if you are especially keen on luxury, we recommend Allegro’s 1st class.
- Comfortable leather-covered seats and sound-absorbing carpeting
- Daily newspapers in Finnish, Russian and English
- A cold meal + dessert served at your seat. You can choose a meat, fish or vegan meal.
- Beverages are sold during meals (soft and alcoholic drinks).
- You can also enjoy coffee, tea and water from the self-service station.
- Spacious seating
- Power sockets by each seat
- Allegro Lounge – group space for max. 6 people
Allegro Lounge for groups and meetings
Soundproofed group space for 1–6 people in the 1st class
- Have a meeting on rails or book a private space including meals for your group
- You can book a compartment through our group sales. The compartment is booked for one group at a time, so your privacy is guaranteed
- You can order drinks and food directly to the Allegro Lounge via the group sales
- 6 sockets
- 2 displays (24 inches) for computers
Take a peek at Allegro
The renewed Allegro is even more beautiful than before! You can familiarise yourself with the train already before your trip.
When Allegro arrives, other traffic waits
In Russia, other traffic must give way to Allegro. Literally first-class travel!
Opening celebrations on 12 December 2010
Allegro replaced the Sibelius and Repin express trains between Helsinki and St. Petersburg. The opening ceremony of the new train connection, Allegro’s first trip, was participated in by President of Finland Tarja Halonen and Prime Minister of Russia Vladimir Putin, who boarded the train at Vyborg.