Continue your journey in a shared electric car
Your handy electric car in Helsinki
Travel more smoothly in the capital region with a shared car. As a train passenger, you can drive GreenMobility electric cars at a discounted price: get up to 14% off driving minute packages! The benefit is valid for the entire GreenMobility service area.
Find the promo codes easily in the VR Matkalla app
- Open the VR Matkalla app and search for a trip that starts or ends at Helsinki or Pasila station.
- Buy a train journey as usual.
- After buying the tickets, go to the app’s home page.
- Learn more about the electric car benefit via the button at the bottom of the home page.
- Copy the promo code and download the GreenMobility app to use the benefit.
How does the GreenMobility service work?
Logging in and using the promo codes
- Download the GreenMobility app
- Sign up for the service – this requires a valid driving licence.
- Wait for your registration to be confirmed – if needed, call +358 9 424 54754 to instantly access the service.
- Log in to the app, open the menu on the left upper corner of the app, and go to the section called "Packages"
- Select "Add promotion code", enter the code you got from the VR Matkalla app and confirm - the package is purchased automatically
- You’re ready to go! The package will be available the next time you need a car.
Starting and ending a trip
- Open the GreenMobility app and search for an available car near you.
- Go to the car and press the “Unlock” button.
- Click! The car doors open and your trip begins.
- Drive the trip and distance you want – you can also charge your car for free at Helen and Virta charging stations.
- When you stop driving, find a parking space that is within GreenMobility’s operating zone and where parking is allowed for at least 2 hours.
- You can also park in a GreenMobility Hotspot, for example in P-Eliel under the Helsinki Central Railway Station.
Hotspot available to you in P-ElielHop in an electric car from station
The switch from train to car is very smooth, as GreenMobility has a Hotspot for cars in P-Eliel right under Helsinki Central Railway Station. A Hotspot makes it easier to park your car as well as find an available car.
Carbon-neutral journeys within and between citiesEven greener together
Together, VR and GreenMobility want to make carbon-neutral mobility easier. By combining travel by train and an electric car, you can help reduce the amount of car traffic in the city, while still enjoying a comfortable journey. Thank you!