On long-distance trains, passengers over 65 years of age and pensioners under 65 years of age receive a 20% discount off the normal Basic ticket price.
Buy commuter train tickets at a 50% discount when you are 65 years old or entitled to a pension in accordance with rules of the Finnish Social Insurance Institution or the Finnish employment pension scheme.
Persons over the age of 65 and pensioners aged not more than 64 may travel with a pensioner's ticket on the following terms:
Persons over the age of 65
- One of the following identity cards entitling the user to discount fares must be produced on-board the train: an identity card issued by the police, passport, driving license, Social Insurance Institution card with photo.
Pensioners aged not more than 64
- Persons entitled to pension by virtue of the Social Insurance Institution or employment pension scheme in Finland receive this discount
- Social Insurance Institution card with photo with the text "eläkkeensaaja", a basic pension card without a photo or an employment pension card must be produced. An identity card shall always be produced with basic pension cards and employment pension cards.
- Please note! Eligibility for a pensioner discount may also be proven with a certificate issued by the Kela Office for International Affairs stating that the passenger is receiving a pension from another European country.
- Part-time or disability pensioners do not benefit from the discount.
|Basic ticket||Saver ticket|
|Senior discount||-20 %*||no additional discounts|
|Valid on the date and train indicated on the ticket||x||x|
|Passengers with reduced mobility (i.e. wheelchair) or visual impairments travelling with a ticket are entitled to a free of charge ticket for their assistant.||x||x|
|Purchasing locations||VR Online Shop, VR Mobile, station ticket offices, R-kioski convenience stores, ticket vending machines, travel agencies,by phone via Customer Care, Railcar ticket machines or conductors||Station ticket offices, R-kioski convenience stores, ticket vending machines, VR Online Shop, VR Mobile, by phone via Customer Care, travel agencies|
|How to get the tickets||Pick up the ticket at the station, print it yourself or have the ticket sent to you as an e-mail attachment or as an SMS to your mobile phone.||Pick up the ticket at the station, print it yourself or have the ticket sent to you as an e-mail attachment or as an SMS to your mobile phone.|
|Changing the departure time and day free of charge||5 € Change/ticket||5 € Change/ticket|
|Cancellations||You may cancel the ticket provided that you have paid the 10 € Cancellation insurance upon purchasing the ticket.||You may cancel the ticket provided that you have paid the 10 € Cancellation insurance upon purchasing the ticket.|
|Terms and conditions||Basic ticket terms||Saver ticket terms|
*Please note. The price of the Basic ticket for long-distance trains after the deduction of the senior discount will be rounded up to the next whole euro.