Motor cycles and snowmobiles
Car-carrier wagons also transport other types of motor vehicles in addition to cars: motor cycles (also with side cars), mopeds, snowmobiles and ATVs (quad-bikes).
Motor cycles (also with side cars) and mopeds can be transported by car-carrier train. There is a limited number of motor cycle spaces available. Motor cycles are only transported on the upper deck of a covered double-deck car-carrier wagon which has four spaces. You can check on the possibility of transporting motorcycles for each individual train on the car carrier train timetables.
When travelling with a motor cycle please take note the following:
- The motor cycle rider shall always travel on the same train with the bike
- Only one sleeping compartment may be booked per motor cycle
- The rider shall always be present when the motor cycle is loaded or unloaded.
- Loading a motor cycle takes more time than loading a car and therefore the rider shall be present at the loading site well in advance
- The fare for the rider and motor cycle is the same as the price of a car package.
Snowmobiles and ATVs
Snowmobiles and ATVs can be transported by car-carrier train
- as a car + trailer combination with the snowmobile or ATV in the trailer
- without a trailer in which case the rider shall drive the vehicle into the car-carrier wagon.
- When travelling with a snowmobile or ATV please take note the following:
- The snowmobile or ATV rider shall always travel on the same train with the vehicle
- The rider shall participate in loading and unloading of the snowmobile or ATV
- Loading a snowmobile or ATV takes more time than loading a car and therefore the rider shall be present at the loading site well in advance
- The fare for the rider and snowmobile or ATV is the same as the price of a car package.
The winter in Lapland is full of experiences. Northern Finland offers plenty of choices for those who want to exercise outdoors or relax. We have put together some tips for travelling in Lapland.