Train tickets to the Airport
A long-distance rail ticket is valid all the way to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, if Helsinki Airport is selected as the destination station of the ticket. In such a case no separate train ticket is needed for the local train to the Airport (HSL area).
You can also transfer from a long-distance train to the train going to the Airport at the transfer stations of Tikkurila, Pasila, or Helsinki. The ticket is valid on trains going to the Airport for a maximum of 80 minutes from the arrival of the long-distance train to the transfer station.
How to transfer to the airport:
- When buying a long-distance train ticket, select Helsinki Airport as your destination.
- Change trains in Pasila, Tikkurila, or Helsinki within 80 minutes of the arrival of the long-distance train to the transfer station.
- From the Helsinki Railway Station both I or P trains go to the Airport.
- In Tikkurila, the I train to the Airport leaves from track 4 and, in Pasila, from track 2. The P trains leave from track 9 in Pasila. Find out more about Tikkurila station online.
When returning from the Airport, you can take the commuter train to the Tikkurila, Pasila, or Helsinki stations when you select Airport as your departure station. From the Tikkurila, Pasila, or Helsinki stations you can transfer into a long-distance train. The ticket is valid for a maximum of 80 minutes starting from the scheduled departure of the long-distance train from the transfer station.
Long-distance train tickets are also valid for transportation inside the HSL region when the transfer time to the local train is no more than 80 minutes from the arrival of the long-distance train to the transfer station. In this case the destination in the train ticket must be the desired HSL area station.
We recommend you purchase the 10€ Cancellation Insurance. The cost of your ticket will then be refunded, if you need to cancel your trip.
The new stations on the Ring Rail Line – Leinelä, Helsinki Airport, Aviapolis, Kivistö, and Vehkala are located in the price area B. When you transfer between trains in Tikkurila, area B extends all the way to Kannelmäki. If you transfer in Pasila, you will also need a ticket for area A. From other stations of the Ring Rail Line (Vantaankoski, Martinlaakso, Louhela, Myyrmäki, Malminkartano, and Kannelmäki) the ticket price automatically includes a ticket for area A. In this case, you can choose whether you travel through Pasila or the Airport.
Helsinki's airport is located in Vantaa. When traveling to Helsinki from Vantaa a regional ticket is needed. If you are traveling to Tikkurila an internal ticket for Vantaa is needed.
The train ticket for traveling between Finland and Russia is valid for transportation to the Airport as such. No separate ticket for a Helsinki region commuter train to the airport is needed.
You can transfer to the Airport commuter train in Tikkurila, Pasila, or Helsinki. The ticket is valid for trains to the Airport for 80 minutes starting from the scheduled arrival time of the train from Russia at the transfer station.
- I-trains departing from track 4 in Tikkurila. You can find out more about Tikkurila station online.
- I-trains departing from track 2 and P-trains departing from track 9 in Pasila.
- Both I- and P-trains departing from Helsinki.
Getting to the airport
The direct walking route between Helsinki-Vantaa Airport and the Airport train station is open for passengers. Both terminals are located close to escalators.