Travelling with an assistant
Passengers with visual impairments or reduced mobility can buy tickets, including the low-cost Advance ticket, from VR Online Shop.
- When a visually impaired passenger or a person with a wheelchair travels with an assistant the assistant is entitled to a ticket free of charge. The visually impaired passenger must prove the right of the assistant to a free of charge trip by presenting onboard the train one of the cards stated below or a medical certificate.
- Passengers with reduced
mobility or visual impairments travelling with an advance ticket are entitled
to a free of charge ticket for their assistant. However, special offer
departures do not entitle to a free of charge ticket for the assistant.
- The passenger must then have an adult, junior, student
or pensioner single ticket. Visually impaired passengers or persons with reduced mobility under the age of six must have a junior ticket in order to entitle the assistant to a ticket free of charge. Tickets for the passenger with visual impairments or reduced mobility and the assistant shall be purchased at the same time. The assistant must be over 18 years old.
- Assistive devices of passengers with reduced mobility
are transported as luggage free of charge on trains with onboard services for
the disabled or when the disabled passenger travels with an assistant.
If you are entitled to a free of charge journey for an assistant you must call VR Customer Care after purchasing your own ticket and give the customer service agent the order number of the train ticket. You can then book a free of charge ticket for your assistant.
Proof of the visual impairment must be presented onboard the train
- with a Finnish Federation of the Visually Impaired (FFVI) membership card if the impairment is at least 65%
- with a Näkövammaisten Lasten Tuki ry (support association of visually impaired children) membership card
- with a medical certificate stating that the impairment is at least 65%
- with a Finnish Deafblind Association membership card
Travelling with an assistance dog
- Passengers travelling with a guide or assistance dog
are entitled to travel in seats reserved for the disabled. A pet charge is not
collected for the dog.
- A pet charge is collected for guide or assistance dogs
if the disabled person is accompanied by an assistant entitled to a free of
- In sleeping car a guide or assistance dog travels free
of charge in the end-of-car compartment which must be booked in its entirety.
If the passenger
travels alone in the sleeping car's end-of-car compartment with a guide or
assistance dog the fare is less expensive than that of a normal single person
your tickets online
You can select your seat in VR Online Shop. If you travel with a
wheelchair space as seating preference and the click on select seat.
- click on
next and previous car to find the car layout with the disabled symbol.
- click on the
green seat with a seat number and confirm seat selection.
- buy the