Connections from Helsinki
When you arrive by train at Helsinki Central Station, you are already in the city centre. Many sights are a few minutes away. There are excellent connections from the railway station to all parts of the city, the neighbouring cities, the harbours and the airport.
HSL Route search
services on public transports of Vantaa and on the rest of the Helsinki region
(Helsinki, Espoo and Kauniainen) are conveniently accessible in the HSL Route
search. The service has all street addresses in the region and a wide range of
other sites. In addition to public transport connections you can search for
walking and biking routes.
HSL Route searchHSL website
- Commuter and long-distance trains.
- Buses e.g. to eastern suburbs
- Terminus of some of the regional buses to Vantaa and Helsinki City buses.
- Buses to the airport.
- Trams Nos 3B, 3T and 6 stop in front of the railway station. Trams 3B and 3T are circular lines by which you can return to your departure point. Trams Nos 4, 7A, 7B and 10 stop in Mannerheimintie.
- Access to metro.
- Train information.
Connections to airport
Journey.fi Route information
HSL bus 615 leaves at Raiway square (Rautatientori) and buses 451, 415 leave at Eliel Square (Elielinaukio).
Bus 615 from Railway Square
Bus 415 Eliel Square
Bus 451 Eliel Square
Finnair City bus leaves at Eliel Square (Elielinaukio).
At Helsinki railway station and at the Airport, there are taxi stands immediately outside the buildings.
Connections to the harbours
You get from the railway station to the harbours on foot, by taxi or by public transport. The South Harbour can be reached by bus or tram, the West Harbour by bus, tram or metro, and the Sörnäinen Harbour by bus.
- Makasiini Terminal (fast boats to Tallinn)
- Olympia Terminal (Silja Line)
- Katajanokka Terminal (Viking Line, GTS Finnjet)
- Market Square (ferries to Suomenlinna and Korkeasaari; departure point of water-bus tours)
- West Terminal (Tallink Silja and Eckerö Line to Tallinn)
- Taxis and buses to West Terminal
- Hansa Terminal (Finnlines)
- Taxis and buses to Hansa Terminal